Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today and The Passed Few Weeks.

I've been trying to look for a job, I'm not asking much so I guess the first thing I should do is go out and look for one. Pretty simple, the times I couldn't go physically looking, I would always try to phone in or look via the internet for online job applications. I've been suggested to look at every location and try whichever job offer regardless of the job, which I have fully accepted in trying.
I'm not a pro at getting jobs, which is also quite alright, but the a few tips that I have been talked to about have usually worked. Not very good hiring rate in my town, but an interview and a little bit of faith and luck should do the trick wherever you live.

The first tip in acquiring a job is obviously going to be apply wherever possible within reasonable limits.
Jobs you shouldn't look for are the ones that you are obviously not qualified for even in the slightest.
Jobs you should look for are basic to the general range of what education level you have and anything in between.
Another tip is to give yourself a little slack or slight appreciation to what task(s)/abilities you do have whenever you fill out an application, I'm not saying to write down that you were Obama's security/bodyguard when applying for a security job, but try to "extend" what you have done as if it were a more important job than what you actually did. (Yeah, that's terribly worded, but it'll work for now... haha....)
One of the best tips, I have ever received from random googling, people who have been hired or general questions asked to friends via skype, facebook or even twitter, is the simple fact that you should actually go in and ask over the status of your application, better yet, call in and check up on how it's doing. Every interview I have ever gone to has actually been set during the phone call I made a few days after turning in my application.
Final tip, from what I know, try to seem presentable and wearing rather nice and suggestive clothes.
If I were an employer, 9 times out of 10, I would not hire someone who gave the image of "I just fell down a hill during a storm and shot up a few drugs..." well, chances are you wouldn't be looking for a job if that was your case... You get the image though.

Well, anyways, I've had a few interviews these passed few weeks and one today, but I've not had much luck only because I've had a few issues with the connection to the staff who worked there and a few rules that were not plausible.

Good luck to anyone who is looking for one and I hope you guy(s) or girl(s) find one.
I know I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

  1. I probably should've done the same for my job. I passed out applications everywhere, but didn't really follow through. Luckily, I got a call-back from one of them and now have a job, but I had to wait about a month before I heard anything.

    ReplyDelete